I have been following Will Richardson by reading his articles or his tweets for a few years now and he never fails to
Who is Will Richardson? He is “an outspoken advocate for change in schools and classrooms in the context of the diverse new learning opportunities that the Web and other technologies now offer.” www.willrichardson.com
Here is a quick 5 minute presentation he gave recently. (The slide titles are below.)
- Give open network tests — not open book tests.
- Roll Your Own Textbooks.
- Be Googled Well.
- Flip the Power Switch.
- Change the World. — Broaden scope of lessons
- Don’t “Do Your Own Work.”
- Learn First. Teach Second.
- No More Workshops for Teachers.
- Share Everything.
- Ask Questions You Don’t Know the Answers To.
- Repeat after me: “I want to be found by strangers on the Internet.”
- Unlearn. Relearn.
- Resume. Shemesume.
- Stop Googling. Get a Network.
- Go Free and Open Source.
- Create an “Uncommon Core.”
- Don’t Deliver… Discover.
- Disrupt the System.